Howdy. Glad you're here. Get your fill of my irreverent ramblings. I'll warn you in advance: I complain a lot. But if you can get past that, there's some good stuff here. Enjoy.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy V-Day

Happy "Singles Awareness Day," people. I'm usually pretty anti-V-day, partly because I'm always single and partly because I think it's a bogus holiday, but "SAD" (even the acronym is pathetic) is even too bitter for me. I mean, at least I got a sweet present from my mom, aka the best Valentine ever (Thanks!!)... And my roommate Holly did make a delicious heart-shaped cake last night (which will definitely fall victim to late-night snacking tonight).

However, I do enjoy anti Valentine's messaging...

Best text message of the day:
"Happy Valentine's Day! Just remember what this day is all about... A saint who was tortured and beheaded. Romantic, right?"


And the best e-card: CLICK ME. Ironic that it's a Hallmark card? Yes, I think so.

I plan on celebrating this momentus holiday in my favorite way: by babysitting half the night and then hopefully going out and celebrating my singledom by going to the bars with friends.

0 comments: